Tickets for the 2017 South Dakota Rock and Roll Music Association (SDRRMA) Induction Ceremony are on sale now. This two-night music extravaganza will be held at the Ramkota Inn Exhibit Hall in Sioux Falls on April 21-22. “We’re excited to present another great event filled with music and memories,” said SDRRMA Board Chair John Mogen. “It’s a great annual tradition that recognizes the brightest and best in the South Dakota music scene.”
This year’s inductees include eight bands, three ballrooms, and half a dozen South Dakota rock and roll supporters. Additionally, the Lifetime Achievement Award will be presented to Nick Schwebach of Dell Rapids and Wakonda.
Tickets are available online at www.sdrrma.com or at Lewis Drug Southgate.
The schedule is as follows:
- Friday, April 21 — Artist Reception and Jam Session
- Private artist reception followed by a jam session (open to the public) featuring several Hall of Fame inductees. Donations are appreciated at the door.
- Artist Reception, 6:30 p.m.
- Jam Session, 8-10 p.m.
- Saturday, April 22 — Induction Ceremony. Every year the SDRRMA recognizes the men and women who have contributed to and had a significant impact on rock and roll music, especially in South Dakota. Join us in honoring this year’s inductees.
- Autograph Session, 3 p.m.
- Doors Open, 5 p.m.
- Induction Ceremony, 6-10 p.m.
- 2017 Inductees:
- The Fabulous Unknowns (Winner)
- The Playboys (later known as The Toads, Arlington/Lake Preston)
- Sad Lad and the Mourners (Sioux Falls)
- The ‘70s Flippers (NW Iowa)
- Precious Cargo (Aberdeen)
- Wild Cherry (all-girl band, Rapid City)
- The Unbelievable Uglies (Detroit Lakes, MN)
- Wakefield (Sioux Falls)
- Ballrooms: Vic’s Place, Dimock; The Depot, Aberdeen; and Taco Towne, Vermillion.
- Radio Station: KSDN, Aberdeen
- Booking Agent: Don Romeo, Omaha
- Spirit of the Music: Buddy Miles and Tommy Bolin
- Music Store: A to Z Music, Pierre
- DJ: Jon Michaels, Sioux Falls
- Lifetime Achievement: Nick Schwebach (Dell Rapids/Wakonda)