The Dell Rapids Public School Strategic Planning Committee is creating a roadmap for success. They are asking stakeholders of the school to determine what “success” means at a district level. The committee is creating a 5-year strategic plan. The committee would like to have the following questions answered by all stakeholders of the district:
- What issues will Dell Rapids Public Schools have to address over the next five years in order to provide the highest quality education to its students?
- What are the most important skills students will need as they live and work in this century?
- What standards do you use to evaluate the quality of education at Dell Rapids Public School?
- What evidence would persuade you that Dell Rapids Public School’s students receive a high quality education?
- What priorities should DRPS use in the development of financial plans and future budgets?
- As a stakeholder of DRPS, are you satisfied with the district? If yes, why? If no, why not?
- What would DRPS have to do to delight you?
The committee is offering different ways for stakeholders to answer the question:
- Listening sessions hosted by the committee members at the following:
– February 10th: (Boys and Girls Basketball Double Header)- Middle School Commons
– Monday March 2: Parent Teacher Conferences 12:00-8:00 PM Middle School Commons & Elementary Pod Commons
**These listening sessions are not a time to bring in personal or individual issues that should be dealt with at the building level individually. The committee members will not engage in complaints regarding personnel, etc.**
- Parent Survey (Open through Friday, February 20, 2015) http://www.advanc-ed.org/survey/public/0201729
- Recent Alumni Survey (Open through Friday, February 20, 2015) https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DRPSalumni
- Students and staff will also be completing surveys throughout the month of February.
The DRPS Strategic Planning Committee Members are:
- Chris Kreul
- Summer Schultz
- Bruce Mogen
- Tom Morris
- Jody Schumaker
- Jay Nelson
- Steve Munk
- Andrea Jones
- Nate Henry
- Sharon Mitchell