Friday, March 13th
• Happy Birthday to Lauren R. (Mon), Jaimeson R. (Tue), Hannah G. (Wed), Reece K. (Thu), Kaydence K. (Fri), Sarah S. (Fri), Madelyn K. (Sat), Emily M. (Sat), Dylan A. (Sun)!!
• Lunch today will be choices of: Pizza Ranch or Cuban Hot Dog
- DRPS will not be utilizing March 19th as a snow makeup day. Fortunately, staff was able to have a late start prior to conferences on February 13th. With students only being expected for four hours, we will not be making the time up.
- Competitive Cheer Tryout Informational meeting: Wednesday, March 25th after school in the MS Commons with tryout practice dates on April 22nd, 24th, and 29th
- American Legion Auxiliary is hosting a Poppy Contest. Please see your homeroom teacher for details. Entries are due in the office by April 21st.
- Registration is open for the summer baseball season for Dell Rapids Baseball. Registrations need to be complete by March 15th. Go to www.dellrapidsbaseball.com, and click on the Online Registration link to register
- Attention 8th grade athletes: The Dell Rapids Athletic Booster Club is providing $60 scholarship to put towards a summer camp of your choice to better your skills for participation in High School Athletics. Applications may be picked up in the middle school office and either returned to the office or mailed to the PO Box by May 31st. No late application will be accepted. The Dell Rapids School Team camps and acceleration program are great programs to use theses scholarships on!
- Attention 7th and 8th graders: Track meeting on Monday, March 23 at 3:00. First practice is Wednesday, March 25.
- Attention 7th and 8th grade girls: there is a signup sheet for varsity golf in the office. There will be a meeting on Tuesday March 24th at 3:30 in the elementary gym.
- DR public library is hosting Movie Day next Wednesday, March 18th @ 2pm. Watch Frozen 2 and have a snack – everyone is welcome.
- There will be a meeting in Mr. Steckler’s room after school on Monday, May 16 for girls grades 8-11 interested in playing basketball next year.
- State Boys Basketball t-shirt order forms are in the office. Payment/order due by 3pm this Friday
- Dell Rapids Public School is conducting an E-Learning Feasibility Study. This study will assist efforts to determine our district’s capability to utilize remote learning in the event of an individual student health issue, district-wide health epidemic, weather emergency, etc. I would ask that each family completes a brief, two-question survey. The survey will remain open through April 1. I appreciate your cooperation and encourage you to reach out if you have questions.
- Attention Staff and Parents: Last fall you received notice from us that to continue receiving Bright Arrow alerts, you needed to “opt in”. If you haven’t done this, unfortunately, you will not receive our text message alerts. To opt in simply text the word YES to 87569. You should receive a reply saying you have signed up to receive messages from DRPS.