Tuesday, January 27th
• Happy Birthday to Mrs. Ziebarth & Nurse Jill Dvorak!
• Lunch today will be choices of: Super Nachos, Baked Chicken Nuggets or Crispy Chicken Salad
- The 7th grade Lady Q’s fought hard to come back last night, but lost to West Central by a score of 28 to 39. The girls hustled and played great defense, but just couldn’t get their shots to go in.
- Yesterday the 7th grade boys basketball team played at West Central. In the A game the boys won a thrilling game 29 to 28. The boys were down by 10 at one point and by six points with less than two minutes to go but hit some huge shots and played some tough defense to tie the game with 15 seconds to go. The boys played tough defense and got the ball back with 7 seconds to go. The boys brought the ball down the court and with fourth-tenths of a second left Tyler W. hit the game winning free throw. In the B game the boys played a great game and had several last second shots fall just short and fell by one point in the end.
- The 8th grade boys basketball team travelled to West Central yesterday. The A team lost by a score of 12 to 43. The score was 8 to 10 at the end of the first quarter, but we lost our scoring touch for the rest of the game. The B team lost an exciting 16 to 17 game in overtime. The game was close throughout and we had our chances to win at the end of regulation and in the overtime, but just couldn’t get it done.
- Good Luck to the 7/8 girls basketball teams as they host Baltic today starting at 4:30.
- Good Luck to the wrestlers as they travel to West Central today. Bus time is 3:30 – matches start at 5:30.
- Do you know a teacher who is dedicated, inspiring, and making a difference?
Nominate a teacher for the Dell Rapids Public School Teacher of the Year Award.
Forms are in the office and are due by March 5, 2015.
Monday, January 26th
• Happy Birthday to Brian K. & Hunter N.!!
• Lunch today will be choices of: Homestyle Ham & Pasta Hotdish, Cheeseburger or Sub Sandwich
- On Friday the 7th grade boys fell to Baltic 27 to 17. The boys played tough but couldn’t find their range and fell short offensively.
- The Dells 8th grade boys basketball team lost a very physical ball game at Baltic, Friday night. The final score was 28 to 37. The boys played hard, but cold shooting and turnovers were our downfall.
- Good Luck to the 7/8 girls basketball teams as they host West Central today starting at 4:30.
- Good Luck to the 7/8 boys basketball teams as they travel to West Central today. Dismiss athletes at 3:05 for a 3:15 bus time. Games start at 4:30.
- Good Luck to the 7/8 wrestlers as they travel to Volga today. Dismiss athletes at 3:05 for a 3:15 bus time. Matches start at 5pm.