Tuesday, February 9th
• Happy Belated Birthday to Katie S.!
• Lunch today will be choices of: Chicken Fajitas or Pork Fritter Sandwich
- Attention 7/8 graders: Today is BLACK day on your schedule
- 6th grade students: If you would like to read announcements this quarter, please sign up in the office. Thanks
- Get your 2016 Calendar featuring the art work of students from the Elementary, Middle and High School. Cost is only $10. Please get your calendar in the office or from an Art Club member. All proceeds go to support the visual arts at Dell Rapids School.
- Attention Students and Staff: Check out the Big Sioux Media website! They have a link to nominate or vote for an Athlete of the Week. Nominations can be sent to this email: email@example.com.
- 8th grade girls: SDSU will be hosting GEMS (Girls: Engineering, Mathematics & Science) on Saturday, April 2. This one-day workshop will provide an opportunity for 8th grade girls to explore interests in science and technology. See Ms. Telkamp for more information if you are interested in attending.
- Who wants to see Mr. Ruesink kiss a pig?
TOMORROW we are going to have a dress up day!! The themes are “Random Costume Day or Pajama Day.” Pay $1.00, dress up and get your name in the raffle ticket for a chance to win the Quarrier t-shirt quilt, Revo headphones or the quarry rock hitching post. All proceeds will go to the MS Society to help find a cure for MS. We will be having a competition between the high school and the middle school. Whichever school raises the most money, that school’s principal will have to kiss a pig that afternoon!! You can buy as many tickets as you want for this. Ticket costs are $1.00 a piece or 6 tickets for $5.00 but you have to pay $1.00 to dress up.
*Middle School students: the grade that has the most kids that dress up will be receiving a popcorn party!!
- Students and parents interested in high school baseball should attend a meeting on Sunday, February 21 at 5:00 PM in the Dell Rapids Middle School Commons.
- This week is National FCCLA Week. As part of this celebration the local chapter has various activities planned for you. This morning you may have seen some FCCLA emblems around the school. There are 16 of them found in the middle school area and 16 found in the high school area. If you have seen one, please take it, hold on to it until (MS) your noon hour break, bring the of MS office, (HS) your noon hour break and bring it to Ms. Rieck’s room. On the back of the emblem you will find a question. There will be a board with the answers to the question on the back of emblem. Check to see if you are correct and if you are, you will be able to claim a prize. We are asking that each student only take one emblem, so that more students will be able to receive a prize.
- On Wednesday and Thursday of this week the FCCLA chapter is asking you to help fulfill some needs of the local food pantry. Right now, the only items needed are personal care items, cleaning items for the home, and the only food items needed are canned chicken and canned ham. Bring your items to your first hour class of the day. One middle school classroom and one high school classroom will receive a small prize for your efforts. Check the posters that are hanging around the school for more details regarding the items needed.
- On Thursday if you wear red, we will be taking some group pictures of those wearing red that will posted around school to help celebrate FCCLA Week. Thank you in advance for your participation.
Since we did not have school yesterday, we are extending the deadline until next Tuesday when we come back from break.
- The 8th grade boys basketball team took a pair of games from Pipestone on Saturday. The A team won by a score of 31 to 18. The Quarriers played very well defensively. Dells doubled up the Arrows in the B game, 22 to 11.
- Good Luck to the varsity girls and boys basketball teams as they travel to Mt. Vernon Plankinton today for a doubleheader. Games start at 4pm.