Local Best Athlete of the Week nominees for March 5th thru April 15th!
We will have two winners each week…one from Dell Rapids and one from Dell Rapids St Mary. Be sure to vote in each poll for this week’s Local Best Athlete of the Week!!
Dell Rapids St Mary Nominees:
- Camden Tebay (Youth Wrestling): Camden won the Bantam 55 division of the 2018 Black Hills & AAU Folkstyle National Wrestling Tournament with a 5-0 record on March 16th-17th.
- Maddie Schwebach (Track): Maddie finished 2nd, broke a school record and qualified for state in discus with a throw of 115’7″ in De Smet on Thursday, April 12th.
- Ethan Geraets (Track): Ethan finished 6th in the 300m Hurdles and was part of the 6th place 4x800m Relay team in De Smet on Thursday, April 12th.
Dell Rapids Nominees:
- Jake Steineke (Baseball): Jake went 1-3 with 2 RBI and pitched five innings giving up one run on two hits with 6 strikeouts against Lennox on Thursday, Mary 29th. Steineke then had a hit and scored 2 runs against Howard on Wednesday, April 11th.
- Shaylee Hoff (Track): Shaylee placed 5th at the Dan Lennon Invite at USD in the 400m Dash on Monday, March 19th. Shaylee then placed 1st in the 400m Dash at the Scott Underwood Invite at SDSU on Monday, April 2nd. Shaylee had another 1st place finish in the 400m Dash at the Menno Relays on Thursday, April 12th.
- Josh Heinemann (Track): Josh placed 6th in the Triple Jump at the Dan Lennon Invite at USD on Monday, March 19th. Josh then finished 2nd in the Triple Jump at teh Scott Underwood Invite at SDSU on Monday, April 2nd. Josh also finished 2nd in the Triple Jump at the Menno Relays on Thursday, April 12th.
Big Sioux Media has teamed up with The Local Best to bring you “The Local Best Athlete of the Week”!
Each week you’ll be able to vote who you think deserves to be The Local Best Athlete of the Week. Our nominees span all ages so that every local athlete has the opportunity to be nominated and win! If you have an athlete nominee, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Voting will run all day Monday until Friday evening each week. The winner will be announced the following Monday! The winner will receive a Local Best Athlete of the Week T-shirt!!
**Limit one win per athlete per sports season (spring, summer, fall, winter)**
|2018 Spring Winners
|2017-2018 Fall Winners
||2017-2018 Winter Winners