Local Best Athlete of the Week nominees – Week of Feb 17th thru Feb 23rd!!
We will have two winners each week…one from Dell Rapids and one from Dell Rapids St Mary. Be sure to vote in each poll for this week’s Local Best Athlete of the Week!!
Dell Rapids St Mary Nominees:
- Cole Welbig (Boys Basketball): Cole had 5 rebounds and 4 assists against Howard on Thursday, February 20th, and then he had 9 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists against Baltic on Friday, February 21st.
- Max Herber (Boys Basetball): Max finished with 15 points and 4 rebounds on Monday, February 17th. Max also had 10 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 assists against Howard on Thursday, February 20th. He then had 8 points and 5 rebounds against Baltic on Friday, February 21st.
- Sydney Klein (Girls Basketball): Sydney had 3 points, 8 rebounds, and 4 assists against Elkton-Lake Benton on Tuesday, February 18th. She then had 2 points and 6 rebounds against Howard on Thursday, February 20th.
Dell Rapids Nominees:
- Zoey Hilmoe (Girls Basketball): Zoey had 12 points and 4 rebounds against Madison on Thursday, February 20th. She then had 6 points against Roncalli on Saturday, February 22nd.
- Mitchell Klinkenborg (Wrestling): Mitchell went 2-1 in the 220-pound weight class finished 2nd at the Region 1A tournament on Saturday, February 22nd.
- Gage Carr (Wrestling): Gage went 2-1 in the 170-pound weight class finishing 2nd at the Region 1A tournament on Saturday, February 22nd.
Big Sioux Media has teamed up with The Local Best to bring you “The Local Best Athlete of the Week”!
Each week you’ll be able to vote who you think deserves to be The Local Best Athlete of the Week. Our nominees span all ages so that every local athlete has the opportunity to be nominated and win! If you have an athlete nominee, please email us at email@example.com
Voting will run all day Monday until Friday evening each week. The winner will be announced the following Monday! The winner will receive a Local Best Athlete of the Week T-shirt!!
**Limit one win per athlete per sports season (spring, summer, fall, winter)**
|2019-2020 Fall Winners
||2019-2020 Winter Winners