Local Best Athlete of the Week nominees for week of October 8th – October 14th
We will have two winners each week…one from Dell Rapids and one from Dell Rapids St Mary. Be sure to vote in each poll for this week’s Local Best Athlete of the Week!!
Dell Rapids St Mary Nominees:
- Ethan Geraets (Football): Ethan had 2 catches for 24 yards, 7.5 tackles, and an interception against O-R-R on Friday, October 12th.
- Maddie Schwebach (Volleyball): Maddie had 7 kills and a block against Ellsworth on Monday, October 8th. She also had 9 kills against Castlewood on Thursday, October 11th.
- Addy Gilbert (Cross Country): Addy qualified for state with a 14th place finish in a time of 22:13.23 at the Region 2B cross country meet on Thursday, October 11th.
Dell Rapids Nominees:
- Coby Maeschen (Football): Coby finished with a team-high 10 tackles against Flandreau on Friday, October 12th.
- Brayden Pulscher (Cross Country): Brayden qualified for state with a 20th place finish in a time of 18:40.73 at the Region 2A cross country meet on Thursday, October 11th.
- Jayda Knuppe (Volleyball): Jayda had 11 kills against Baltic on Monday, October 8th. She also had 6 kills and 3 digs in the 3rd-place match against Dakota Valley on Saturday, October 13th.
Big Sioux Media has teamed up with The Local Best to bring you “The Local Best Athlete of the Week”!
Each week you’ll be able to vote who you think deserves to be The Local Best Athlete of the Week. Our nominees span all ages so that every local athlete has the opportunity to be nominated and win! If you have an athlete nominee, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Voting will run all day Monday until Friday evening each week. The winner will be announced the following Monday! The winner will receive a Local Best Athlete of the Week T-shirt!!
**Limit one win per athlete per sports season (spring, summer, fall, winter)**
|2018-2019 Fall Winners
||2018 Spring Winners