Local Best Athlete of the Week: Week of May 3rd – May 9th
We will have two winners each week…one from Dell Rapids and one from Dell Rapids St Mary. Be sure to vote in each poll for this week’s Local Best Athlete of the Week!!
Dell Rapids St Mary Nominees:
- Courtney Brown (Track): Courtney placed 4th in the 100m dash, 5th in the 300m hurdles, was on the 2nd place 4x100m relay team, and on the 3rd place 4x200m relay team in Baltic on Tuesday, May 4th.
- Max Herber (Track): Max was on the 7th place 4x100m relay team and finished 3rd in the discus with a personal record of 122’9″ in Baltic on Tuesday, May 4th.
- Avery Haskell (Golf): Avery had a round of 58 in Garretson, and then placed 5th with a round of 122 at Colman-Egan on Thursday, May 7th.
Dell Rapids Nominees:
- Kylie Fiddelke (Track): Kylie placed 7th in the high jump, was on the 2nd place sprint medley relay team, and was on the 3rd place 4x100m relay team in Lennox on Tuesday, May 4th.
- Sami Schmidt (Golf): Sami placed 13th with a round of 99 at the Dell Rapids Invite on Tuesday, May 4th.
- Dylan Mathis (Baseball): Dylan had a hit and RBI against Vermillion on Friday, May 7th. He then had a grand slam home run against Lennox on Sunday, May 9th.
Big Sioux Media has teamed up with The Local Best to bring you “The Local Best Athlete of the Week”!
Each week you’ll be able to vote who you think deserves to be The Local Best Athlete of the Week. Our nominees span all ages so that every local athlete has the opportunity to be nominated and win! If you have an athlete nominee, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Voting will run all day Monday until Friday evening each week. The winner will be announced the following Monday! The winner will receive a Local Best Athlete of the Week T-shirt!!
**Limit one win per athlete per sports season (spring, summer, fall, winter)**
||2020-2021 Winter Winners
|2020-2021 Fall Winners