Monday, October 23rd
• Happy Birthday to Custodian Brett Gruis!
• 5th/6th Lunch today will be choices of: Orange Chicken over Rice or BBQ Rib Sandwich
• 7th/8th Lunch today will be choices of: Orange Chicken over Rice, Pizza or Grilling Station
- Final Penny War totals are as follows:
6th grade: -19001 points
7th grade: -13763 points
5th grade: -13762 points
And the winning grade is 8th grade with +1922 points!!!
Total money raised was $1,186.24. All money raised will be donated to the American Red Cross for relief efforts following hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria.
Great job middle school students and staff!!!
- DR Chamber of Commerce and Big Sioux Media are hosting a Pumpkin Decorating Contest. Details are posted on the office window
- If you have shoes that you no longer use or need, consider donating them to the “Shoes for the Shoeless” program. Shoes are then distributed to those in need in the Sioux Falls area. Donations will be accepted in the office until Friday, October 27. See the posters for more information.
- FCCLA dues should be paid by tomorrow.
- Good Luck to the oral interp students as they travel to Brookings today. Dismiss students at 1:30pm, event starts at 3pm.
- Good Luck to the volleyball team as they host Beresford tonight starting at 5pm.
- The 1st round of the 11A football playoff pairings are out. The Quarriers will host the St. Thomas More Cavaliers @ DRHS Stadium @ 6:00 PM Thursday, Oct 26. No passes will be accepted-admission is $7 and $5. Again, please note that start time of 6:00! GO QUARRIERS
- Today is the start of Red Ribbon Week. This week is intended to bring awareness to drug and alcohol abuse in our country. We will have activities going on throughout the week. Each day there will be two red ribbons located somewhere in the middle school with trivia questions attached. Tell Ms. Telkamp the correct answer to either of the questions and you will get a treat! You will also be viewing videos and completing classroom lessons related to Red Ribbon Week.
- Attention 7th and 8th Grade boys and girls basketball players: Ambush Basketball will be conducting pre-season workouts starting next Monday, Oct. 30. Please see Mr. Fersdahl for registration information…forms are due this Friday, Oct. 27.