Friday, April 16th
• Lunch today will be choices of: Big Daddy’s Pizza
- Attention Students: Please bring a water bottle from home to use throughout the day. The use of cups in the classrooms is no longer allowed. Students are allowed to have a water bottle, please bring one. Thank you.
- If you are interested in participating in the National Poppy Poster contest please visit Ms. Evans for the requirements. There is a prize for a winner in each grade level. Posters will be due Monday!
- Attention 6th, 7th and 8th graders: If you are interested in competitive OR varsity sideline cheer, practice will be next Wednesday, April 21 (3:30-5pm) and April 28th (1-3:30)
- Drivers Education 2021: If you are interested in drivers ed this summer and will be 14 before October 1st, 2021, sign up date will be Friday, April 23rd @ 7:45 in the Middle School Commons. Classroom portion will be May 25, 26, 27 and 28 from 8am-4pm. Letters were sent home with students but if you’d like another copy, please stop in the office.
**Watch for upcoming information regarding online signup
- Attention students: The America Library of Poetry is hosting a Poetry Contest, for more information, please see your homeroom teacher or stop in the office for more information. Entries due April 30th.
- Attention 5th and 6th grade students: DR Hospital is hosting a free Super Sitter Class on Tuesday, May 25th or Wednesday, May 26th, for more information please stop in the office.
- Attention Athletes: Dell Rapids Booster Club is offering Individual Athletic Camp Scholarship for athletes will be participating in a VARSITY sport next year. Forms are available in the middle school office and need to be returned to the office by June 1st – no late forms accepted. Students are eligible for one scholarship per student, per school year.
- Any female athlete who will be in grades 9-12 during the 2021-2022 school year who is interested in Summer Acceleration at Rapid Fitness please see Mrs. Fersdahl for a registration form. Registrations must be completed by Friday, May 21st.
- Attention Students: We are testing this week, please be aware of your volume in the hallways and be courteous in the classroom. Thank you
- There is a display of unclaimed, no name artwork. If you see your piece hanging up; collect it and take it home. If you want that piece for the gallery show, return to Ms. Evans. Unclaimed work will be recycled.
- April is the month of the Military Child. “Purple Up! For Military Kids” is a day for the Department of Defense Education Activity communities to wear purple to show support and thank military children for their strength and sacrifices. “Purple Up! For Military Kids Day” will be recognized on Friday, April 16 at the Dell Rapids School District. Please wear purple tomorrow to show your support
- DRBA is looking for boys/girls interested in umpiring for peewee and midget games this summer – Umpires should be 13 years or older. Please go to dellrapidsbaseball.com and add your name to the list using the “DRBA Umpire Signup” link. Interested students can also leave their name with the MS or HS office.
- No 7/8 band lessons this week
- DRHS band/choir Spring Concert will be held tonight at 7pm in the high school gym
- Any 7th grade girl going out for volleyball next year we will be having a meeting next Tuesday, April 20th at 8:00 a.m. The meeting will be in the middle school gym. Please plan to attend.
- There will be a class meeting next week for all 8th graders playing football next year in Mr. Huska’s room on Thursday 4/22 at 8:00 am.
- The library will be closed until 2pm today
- ATTENDANCE POLICY FOR STUDENTS
- Our School’s top priority is to keep kids safe as we work to continue offering sports/activities. Due to ongoing issues with compliance to wear masks and stay in the bleachers during sporting events by our Middle School students, going forward we will have open attendance for High School students only – Middle School students will now need a voucher from a player or coach to attend home games. Also, High School Students will need a “student voucher” to attend home events. These HS Student vouchers will be handed out in the HS office the day of the game TO HS STUDENT WHO HAVE SIGNED UP and for now there will be no limits on those. Here is the brief summary:
- MS Students can no longer attend home HS Events without a fan/family voucher from a HS player/coach and must sit with a parent
- HS Students may continue to attend home HS Events but must sign up in the office prior to game day and then stop by to receive a student voucher on game day.
- This policy is only for our home High School games. Limits may or may not be in place for away games.
Share and Like this story: