Friday, September 21st
• Happy Birthday to Dillan F. (Mon), Kade G. (Sat), and Landon R. (Sun)!!
• Lunch: Beef Burritos or Big Daddy’s Pizza
- We have a number of homecoming T-shirts left over in assorted sizes. All shirts are now $15. first come bases. Get them while they last!
- September 17-September 21 Homecoming Week Dress Up Days:
- Friday – Quarrier Spirit Day
- Homecoming Dance is scheduled for Friday, September 21st following football game until midnight.
- Cost = $3.00 per person or $5.00 per couple
- Mr. Tjaden is DJ – song request sheet in the office
- Out of town dates must be approved through the office prior to Friday
- Seniors – Mr. Michalscheck is still missing a lot of students class dues. Please get them to him ASAP. Reminder it is $15.
- Attention Juniors: Any students interested in taking the PSAT should stop in to see Mrs. Ruesink (registration is required). This assessment will be given at school on Wednesday, October 10th. The cost of the assessment is $16.00 – content covered includes: Reading, Writing & Language & Math.
- Attention Juniors and Seniors:
Please see Mrs. Ruesink if you are interested in being a Study Buddy. A Study Buddy is someone that meets with a elementary or middle school student once a week for 20-30 minutes to help with academics, have fun, and serve as a positive role model. Students must be signed up by September 28th.
- Attention: If you are interested in becoming an FFCLA member this 18/19 school year, please contact Ms. Rieck at Beverly.Rieck@k12.sd.us or come down to the high school office and sign up. More details will be coming soon. Please check the posters regarding information about joining FCCLA and/or attending Fall Leadership Conference. Check with Ms. Rieck if you have questions or are interested in finding out more information.
- August 23rd- October 20th from 9:00am to 11:00am Orthopedic Institute 810 E. 23rd St. in Sioux Falls is offering Saturday morning sports injury clinic. Patients should check in on the third floor between 8:30am and 10:30am unless prior arrangements are made. A full staff, including a Sports Medicine Physician, will be on hand to assess your injury. X-ray and MRI will be available as needed. If you have any questions please call 1-866-777-7678
- This was cancelled and will be rescheduled for some time next week. Watch for details! Come join us at the home (at Garretson) soccer game when our very own Principal Bunkers will be the Celebrity Goalie. For one dollar at half time you can try to get a goal past Mr. Bunkers. If you are successful you will win a candy bar or pop and bragging rights! Reminder: your Activity Pass will work for the soccer games in Garretson. Come out and support your Dell Rapids Soccer players!
- Attention Juniors & Seniors:
- Lake Area Tech is hosting Senior Tech Day on Thursday, November 1st for any interested seniors. Students can register at www.lakeareatech.edu
Challenge Day 2018 is coming to Dell Rapids on October 1st!!!
The goal of Challenge Day is to help stop the teasing, violence and alienation that are so deeply a part of the school experience for many students every day. Through a variety of games, trust building activities and presentations, participants will be given the unique opportunity to see yourself and the people around you through a new set of eyes.
Be one of the first students to sign up in the office to attend Challenge Day – open to 80 students in grades 9-12
Challenge Day has been featured in the book “Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul” and the award-winning documentary “Teen Files: Surviving High School”
- Challenge Day is a day of fun, leadership and power that can change the way students view each other forever. See Mrs. Ruesink for more information
- DR Mini Quarrier Cheer Camp will be held September 28th from 3:30-5:30pm with the performance at the 7pm game that night.
- Picture Retakes will be taken Monday, October 15th.
- Good Luck to the football team as they host Tri-Valley tonight starting at 7pm.
- DRHS Booster Club is hosting a tailgater today from 5-6:30pm in the Middle School Commons – everyone welcome!!
- Good Luck to the competitive cheer team as they travel to Dakota Valley tomorrow – competition starts at 11am.
- Good Luck to the varsity volleyball teams as they travel to Sioux Falls tomorrow @ Sanford Pentagon beginning at 9am.