The new Dell Rapids City Council was called to order on Monday, May 7th with one new councilman taking position. Chad Ronshaugen was the only candidate that filed a petition for the open seat in Ward 3 left by Mike Sterud. Councilmen Bill Schmidt, Barry Berg, and Bob Mier ran unopposed as incumbents in their wards and will join Ronshaugen for another term on the Dell Rapids City Council.
“It is my honor to be able to recognize Mike Sterud for his service to the community. Mike, it’s been a pleasure having you on here,” Mayor Earley said.
After the new councilmen were sworn to office, the council elected new officers and committee members. Councilman Mark Crisp was elected the President. Councilman Mike Geraets was elected as Vice President.
- Finance and Public Works Committee: Crisp, Schmidt, Haak
- Policy and Procedure Committee: Borchert, Ronshaugen, Berg
- Surplus Property Appraisal Committee: Entire Council
- Minnehaha County Economic Development Association: Geraets
- Dell Rapids Economic Development Corporation: Geraets
- Library Board Liaison: Mier
- Dell Rapids Chamber of Commerce Board Liaison: Ronshaugen