Thursday, February 22nd
• Happy Birthday to Arial H. (Wed) and Abby S. (Thu)!!
• Lunch: Homestyle Chicken Ranch Pasta, Pizza or Grilling Station
- There will be an Art Club meeting over lunch on Friday, Feb. 23rd in the Art room. Please, all current Art Club members attend!
- Yesterday’s questions was, In what year did South Dakota receive its state charter? The correct answer was, 1929. The one and only correct answer was from Mr. Welbig! Congratulations!
- FFA Trivia for today: Currently South Dakota has how many FFA chapters?
Fill out a slip and drop in the bucket in the office.
- Here is your chance to wear a hat during school. On Friday, Feb.23rd, pay $1 to wear your hat. Come down to the Ag shop area to pay $1 and get your stamp. The money raised will be matched and donated to the local food bank.
- The Dell FFA will be selling mini-donuts before school Friday, Feb. 23 in the shop area. 10 donuts for $3 and the money raised will be matched by the FFA Chapter and donated to Feeding South Dakota.
- There is information on signing up for a girls softball team. Softball divisions are available for girls 5 and up. Registration is now open at www.dellrapidssoftball.comRegistration deadline is March 25th or a late fee will be applied and your placement in a team will not be guaranteed. For more information please see the handout in the high school office.
- Dell Rapids Band & Choir are hosting an “I Hate Winter” week next week. Every day you can dress up for one dollar and one donate-able food item for the local pantry. Students will be at all the main entrances collecting your items and taking your names for all who participated. Gift card and candy prizes will be given to the best voted students every day.
- Monday is Lazy day – Dress in your PJs and sleepy clothes
- Tuesday is Tourist Day – Get those fanny packs out
- Wednesday is Western Day – cowboy hats and boots galore!
- Thursday is Decades Day – 80s? 90s? maybe even the 1720s?!
- Friday is “I Hate Winter” day – Dress up in your school appropriate summer cloths!
- Any students interested in signing up for the ACT Prep class hosted at Dell Rapids should see Mrs. Ruesink for a registration sheet.
- Attention students: If you have a negative balance in your lunch account you are not permitted to take 2nds on the a la cart items.
- There are $40 off coupons for The French Door in the high school office for Prom. If you are interested, please stop in and see Eve.
- Ladies: If you purchase your dress at Bridal Gallery please see Brianna Ruth or Eve for a coupon for a free garter or earrings at the time of purchase.
- If you would like to do some prom dress shopping at David’s Bridal, you can stop in the High School office and grab a coupon from Eve.
- There will be a co-ed volleyball tournament held on March 10th, 2018 at St. Mary’s High School. This round-robin style tournament will start at 9 am and is $75 per team, with a minimum of 5 games played. The winning team will receive a gift basket and individual trophies. Concessions will be served. Please register your team with Jessie Ahlers in the middle school by March 7th.
- Parents: This year the Dell Rapids High School Prom will be April 28th. The Post Prom Committee is dedicated to creating a safe, fun and drug-and alcohol-free event after prom and would appreciate any monetary contribution to sponsor this worthwhile activity. Contributions may be sent to Tracie Price. All donations are greatly appreciated and go directly to the youth that attend the post prom event. All information regarding the Post Prom schedule, as well as the registration forms are on the school website http://dr-k12.org after March 1st.
- Would you like to get out of cooking on Monday, February 26th? Please join the Fine Arts Boosters for a chili supper in the Middle School Commons from 5:30pm to 6:30pm. The menu is chili with a bar and drink for $5. Proceeds from the fundraiser will be used to support band, choir, drama, quiz bowl and journalism.
- Are you interested in learning more about other countries and cultures? The 2018 Lions Youth Exchange Camp will be held in Sioux Falls July 15-21 at Augustana University. 25 youth exchange students from around the world will attend the camp, and 20 youth from North and South Dakota will be selected to attend. Cost of the camp is $400, which includes all food, lodging, and activities. This is a unique opportunity to develop meaningful relationships with students from around the world. Host families are also needed. International students will arrive July 8, 2018 and depart July 28th. Host families provide a place for the student to live before and after the youth camp, as well as help the student learn more about American culture. For more information, visit www.sdlions.org/youthcamp or call Jennifer at 338-0551.
- Good Luck to the girls basketball team as they travel to Tea for the Region Semi-Final game, Lady Q’s vs. SFC at 8pm.
- Good Luck to the State Wrestlers as they travel to Sanford Premiere Center tomorrow and Saturday!
- Youth Business Adventure – applications are available in Mrs. Ruesink’s office
Who: Open to sophomore and juniors
What: YBA is a co-ed program open to sophomores and junior students to explore the world of business
Where and When: Located at University of South Dakota in Vermillion, SD from June 17-June 22.
At YBA students are assigned to groups of 10-12. Students will be involved in competitive business simulation games, speakers, tours of local businesses, interview skill building activities, advertising and marketing programs as well as social activities such as dances, rock wall climbing and movies. YBA is a great resume builder and students can earn two college credits for attending and compete for $500 scholarships.
Deadline: Applications due to Mrs. Ruesink by February 23
- 2018 American Legion Auxiliary South Dakota Girls State – applications are available in Mrs. Ruesink’s office
Who: Open to junior girls
What: Particpants experience government at the city, county and state levels.
Where and When: Located at University of South Dakota in Vermillion, SD from May 29-June 2
Students are assigned to a mythical city,county and political party. Each student has the opportunity to run for office, campaign, vote and listen to a variety of speakers and participate in various recreational activities. Girls State is a great resume builder and student can earn college credit.
Deadline: Applications due to Mrs. Ruesink by March 15
- 2018 American Legion Boys State – applications are available in Mrs. Ruesink’s office
Who: Open to junior boys
What: Participants will understand and appreciate the American system of government including the rights and responsibilities of citizenship.
When and Where: Located at Northern State University in Aberdeen, SD from May 28- June 1
Students will learn public speaking, create and enforce laws and actively participate in all phases of creating and running a working government.
Deadline: Friday, April 1st
Share and Like this story: