Tuesday, February 9th
• Happy Belated Birthday to Jackson M.!!
• Lunch: Chicken Fajitas or Pork Fritter Sandwich
• Quarrier Station: Pork Fritter Sandwich, Sub or Salad
- This week is National FCCLA Week. As part of this celebration the local chapter has various activities planned for you. This morning you may have seen some FCCLA emblems around the school. There are 16 of them found in the middle school area and 16 found in the high school area. If you have seen one, please take it, hold on to it until (MS) your noon hour break, bring the of MS office, (HS) your noon hour break and bring it to Ms. Rieck’s room. On the back of the emblem you will find a question. There will be a board with the answers to the question on the back of emblem. Check to see if you are correct and if you are, you will be able to claim a prize. We are asking that each student only take one emblem, so that more students will be able to receive a prize.
- On Wednesday and Thursday of this week the FCCLA chapter is asking you to help fulfill some needs of the local food pantry. Right now, the only items needed are personal care items, cleaning items for the home, and the only food items needed are canned chicken and canned ham. Bring your items to your first hour class of the day. One middle school classroom and one high school classroom will receive a small prize for your efforts. Check the posters that are hanging around the school for more details regarding the items needed.
- On Thursday if you wear red, we will be taking some group pictures of those wearing red that will posted around school to help celebrate FCCLA Week. Thank you in advance for your participation. Since we did not have school yesterday, we are extending the deadline until next Tuesday when we come back from break.
- The February FFA chapter meeting will be held on Monday, Feb. 15 at 12 noon in the high school agriculture classroom. Any student who took an agriculture class 1st semester or is currently enrolled for the second semester is welcome to attend as you can join the FFA organization up until Feb. 19.
- Students and parents interested in high school baseball should attend a meeting on Sunday, February 21 at 5:00 PM in the Dell Rapids Middle School Commons.
- All freshman please visit with Mr. Michalscheck individually during lunch.
- Message from Deputy Walker: Reminder of the ordinances on parking: There is no parking within 15 feet of an intersection, and the curbside tires are not to be more than one foot from the curb when parked. Many cars are parking two or three feet out into the street. Please stop parking in front of mailboxes also.
- An admissions counselor from the University Center in Sioux Falls will be here on TODAY over lunch in Mrs. Ruesink’s office for any interested students.
- National Honor Society Meeting on Tuesday, February 9th over lunch in the Spanish Room.
- Term 2 Honor Roll is posted in the office window.
- Get your 2016 Calendar featuring the art work of students from the Elementary, Middle and High School. Cost is only $10. Please get your calendar in the office or from an Art Club member. All proceeds go to support the visual arts at Dell Rapids School.
- Southeast Tech is hosting camps for high school students to explore various career pathways – please see Mrs. Ruesink if you are interested in any attending any of the following camps:
February 17th – Ready, Set, Launch! Electronics & Mechatronics Camp (Electronics Technology, Mechatronics Technology)
April 6th – Get Your Hands Dirty In the Garage Camp (Automotive Technology, Collision Repair, Diesel Technology)
- **Who wants to see Dr. Kludt kiss a pig? TOMORROW, we are going to have a dress up day. The theme is “I hate winter.” For $1.00, you can dress up and get your name on a raffle ticket for a chance to win the Quarrier t-shirt quilt, Revo headphones or the quarry rock hitching post. This $1.00 will go to the MS Society to help find a cure for MS. There will be a competition between the high school and the middle school. Whichever school raises the most money, that school’s principal will have to kiss a pig that afternoon. You can buy as many tickets as you want for this. They are $1.00 a piece or 6 tickets for $5.00 but you have to pay $1.00 to dress up.
- DRHS Bowlers went up against Canton last Friday.
Boys Varsity 1 lost 4-21. Hunter Garry had high game with a 216 and Aaron Fredrichsen had high series with a 532.
Boys Varsity 2 lost 7-18. Malakai Anderson had high game of 174 and high series of 485.
Girls Varsity 1 won 22-3. Alicia Tiesen had high game of 191 and high series of 549.
Girls Varsity 2 lost 1-24. Mackenzie Garry had high game of 153 and high series of 389.
- Good Luck to the girls and boys basketball teams as they travel to Mt. Vernon Plankinton today for a doubleheader. Games start at 4pm.
- Quote and Daily Challenge Sponsored by DRHS Be the Change Team
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. …We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?”
The Challenge for today is to make only choices that support you in your greatness.