Teachers and staff members of the Dell Rapids School District are nominated and presented with a “YOU ROCK” stone courtesy of LG Everist every month. Students and parents are encouraged to nominate a staff member for this honor. It’s a simple way to show appreciation for their work and dedication to the children of Dell Rapids. Nomination forms can be found by clicking here.
- Jeff Welbig—He showed me exactly what it looks like to authentically and genuinely care about people; not just as a teacher but as a person. His communication style and understanding of students is out of this world, by far the best I have seen in my short years as a teacher.
- Nancy Jorgensen—She is nice to every single person she comes across. She is always helpful and supportive to students and teachers alike and brightens up any room she enters.
- Kelley Gruneich—“You Rock” because of your passion for what you do in helping students. You have exceeded all expectations pertaining to your promptness in responding and doing what it took to begin to fix the situation. We want to express our gratitude in having you be the person to help our child.
- Amanda Button—She goes the extra mile for her students and is truly dedicated to them. She is very kind and helpful to everyone she works with. You can tell she really loves what she does and that makes her a great teacher and mentor to others. She is the very spirit of what it means to have Quarrier Pride and Empowering Each Other to Excel!
- Jessica Ahlers—Jessica has shown her amazing skills as an educator along with extreme hard work in doing what needs to be done for her students to find success in the classroom. She shows her professionalism by being knowledgeable and being able to communicate to us as well as her colleagues. She is a problem solver and a student advocate.