All eight of the Dell Rapids Quarrier wrestlers competing in the individual tournament competed on the second day of the 2020 South Dakota State Wrestling Tournament at the Denny Sanford Premier Center in Sioux Falls on Friday, February 28th.
Andrew Weiland won his only match of the day. Jacob Vogel lost a hard-fought 6-4 decision in the seminal round. Trevon Cross finished his day 1-1. Zach McKee and Brayden Gee also went 1-1 on the day. Gage Carr won his only match. Mitchell Klinkenborg and Kyle Cavigielli both lost their only matches of the day.
Weiland, Vogel, and Carr will compete on the final day of the tournament on Saturday, February 29th. All three wrestlers still have a chance to finish in 3rd place in their respective weight classes.
Individual Bracket Results
- 113: Cons. Round 2 – Andrew Weiland (Dell Rapids) 28-12 won by decision over Peyton Tryon (Harrisburg) 30-21 (Dec 8-2)
- 126: Semifinal – Eli Fischer (Milbank) 29-4 won by decision over Jacob Vogel (Dell Rapids) 27-4 (Dec 6-4)
- 138: Cons. Round 1 – Trevon Cross (Dell Rapids) 26-19 won by decision over Garret Ristau (Chamberlain) 18-26 (Dec 6-3)
- 138: Cons. Round 2 – Kyler Bauder (Mitchell) 34-9 won by fall over Trevon Cross (Dell Rapids) 26-19 (Fall 3:28)
- 145: Cons. Round 1 – Zach McKee (Dell Rapids) 26-9 won by fall over Lucas Hofer (Huron) 19-17 (Fall 1:30)
- 145: Cons. Round 2 – Tyler Voorhees (RC Stevens) 34-19 won by fall over Zach McKee (Dell Rapids) 26-9 (Fall 2:27)
- 160: Cons. Round 1 – Brayden Gee (Dell Rapids) 32-15 won by fall over Tyson Hage (Vermillion) 26-20 (Fall 0:27)
- 160: Cons. Round 2 – Landin Winter (RC Central) 35-19 won by fall over Brayden Gee (Dell Rapids) 32-15 (Fall 4:39)
- 170: Cons. Round 2 – Gage Carr (Dell Rapids) 33-14 won by decision over Carter Tuntland (Harrisburg) 26-18 (Dec 7-2)
- 220: Cons. Round 1 – Dante Bravo (Pine Ridge) 30-9 won by fall over Mitchell Klinkenborg (Dell Rapids) 12-13 (Fall 2:53)
- 285: Cons. Round 1 – Sam Lembcke (Brandon Valley) 26-11 won by fall over Kyle Cavigielli (Dell Rapids) 17-25 (Fall 0:23)