Friday, May 24th
• Happy Birthday to Conner S. (Sun), Drew V. (Mon), Danek H. (Tue) and Jessica S. (Tue)!
• Lunch: Pizza Ranch Pizza or Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- Attention all students: Please be aware of where you are parking. Do not park in front of any mailboxes, fire hydrants or too close to driveways. Please remember you cannot park within 12 feet of an intersection or crosswalk or 15 feet of a fire hydrant. YOU MUST HAVE A STAFF PARKING PASS on your dash in order to park in the staff parking lot.
- On Friday morning we will be preparing and serving breakfast at the Banquet in Sioux Falls. We will need to leave at 5 am sharp and will return at 9:15 at the latest. If you are able to help with this, please pick up a parental form from Eve. Please check with your first block teacher to see if the work you will be missing is something that can be made up at another time. Please return your signed form to the office first thing on Thursday morning. Thanks for your consideration!
- Attention Students: The Quarrier Station will be closed today for the rest of the school year.
- Final yearbook ordering deadline is this week. Please order by this Friday, May 24th. Forms are available in the office, from Ms. Gleason or online.
- Attention 2019 – 2020 Senior Athletes. The Dell Rapids Athletic Booster Club would like to invite you to have your picture taken for your sports banner. Pictures will be taken on June 11, 13, and 19 from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. in the Middle School Commons. Students are responsible for getting uniforms from your coaches prior to the shoot. More information will be distributed prior to taking pictures. If you have questions, please contact Michelle Heiberger at 605-351-4406.
- Attention all students: Please refer to the schedule below. This week we will be cleaning out the athletic lockers at the end of 2nd block. Please excuse these students at 11:15.
- Juniors on Tuesday
- Sophomores on Wednesday
- Freshman on Thursday
- Boys Track participants please make sure to turn in your “CLEAN” jerseys to Mr. Dahl.
- Girls Track participants please turn in your track jerseys as soon as possible.
- For any boys that are interested in the DRHS Summer Acceleration with Mr. Hansen, please pick up a registration sheet from either the highs school office or from Mr. Hansen.
- **The Dell Rapids Athletic Booster Club is providing $60 scholarships to put towards a summer camp of your choice to better your skills for participating in High School Athletics. Applications may be picked up in either the middle of high school office and must be returned to the High School office or mailed to the PO Box by May 31st. No late applications will be accepted. The Dell rapids High School Team camps and acceleration are great programs to use these scholarships on! **
- Quarry Days 2019 Summer Soccer Camp will be held south of Cubby’s across the railroad tracks on Hwy 115 June 18-20 from 9am-12pm. Players age 3-10 $60 and players age 11-19 $80. After early bird price increases by $15 for each age group. Please visit our website: dakotaalliancesoccer.com/allcamps/dellrapids for more information. If you have questions, please contact Jud Conner at 712-204-4601
- Summer and Fall dual credit application window is open – please see Mrs. Ruesink if you have questions.
- The Post Secondary Education Book Drop is in need of your Dual Credit/ college-level education textbooks. Taking Dual Credit courses through the school can discount the tuition tremendously, however, the books needed for these courses cost nearly as much as the classes themselves. A shelf will available in Mrs. Ruesink’s office to hold your donated books for future students taking Dual Credit courses to borrow for the duration of their class. Help future DRHS students trying to further their education and save a bit of money by dropping off your unneeded college-level textbooks to Mrs. Ruesink’s office before the end of the school year.
- Congrats to our girl state golf qualifiers!
- Olivia Downs
- Mallory Haak
- Sami Schmidt
- Abby Greenhoff
- They will be representing Dells at the state tournament June 3-4 at Lee Park in Aberdeen.
- Double H Paving Inc. is Tea, DS is now seeking highly motivated, dependable, responsible, and hard working individuals to join Asphalt and Gravel Crews for the 2019 Construction Season. Please conat Like Hansen at 605-498-2030 or email him at email@example.com. Details about this job is posted outside of the high school office.
- Yogi Bear’s Camp Ground is hiring all positions. Email christina@
jellystonesiouxfalls.com or call 605-332-2233 if you are interested. Details about this job is posted outside of the high school office.
- The city of Dell Rapids is still looking for lifeguards this summer. If you are interested, please stop in the high school office and pick up an application.
- The Department of Transportation is looking for people who are 18 years old or older that have a valid driver’s license. They are looking for Bridge Repair Crew (Sioux Falls and Mitchell), Sign Crew (Sioux Falls), or Striping Crew (Mitchell). Work depends on crew assignment but may include: flagging, installing signs, repairing bridges and concrete repair, assisting with striping the roadways, general clean up, transporting, loading and unloading materials. For more information, stop by the high school office.
- The Dell Rapids Baseball umpire sign-up form is now active. Anyone ages 13 and older can sign up to be an umpire for our Midget (12U) and Pee Wee (10U) baseball games this summer. Go to www.dellrapidsbaseball.com to fill out the form.
- LIFEGUARDS positions available at the Trent pool. The Trent pool is hiring lifeguards for the summer of 2019. If you are interested please contact Jamie at 605-595-5360 for an application. Lifeguard certification is required. Application deadline is 5/1/2019.