Monday, September 22nd
• Happy Belated Birthday to Ms. Mitchell!!
• Lunch: a-Fajita; b-Corn Dog; c-Sub Sandwich;
- Students: Breakfast is NOW being served in the Senior Hallway in the mornings. Hot items will be served. You are able to use you lunch account.
- Attention Students: We will be have a group of HS students (Trevor H., Sarah H., Sam W., Mara A., Mikayla D., Micah G., Sydney S. & Kyle S.) who will be meeting with a representative from Lunchtime Solutions to discuss what is going well with our lunch program and what can be improved. All students should share their concerns with these students. The meeting has been set for October 9th over lunch.
- Mr. Tjaden will be the DJ for the Homecoming Dance and has asked students to create a playlist. There is a playlist sheet in the office for students to add songs. Please keep in mind the songs need to be “school appropriate” and will be reviewed prior to the dance.
- The Dell Rapids Community Haven is looking for energetic individuals to substitute part-time for the After School Program. Applicants must be caring, self-motivated, enthusiastic, a positive role model for school-aged children, and at least 18 years of age. Stop by River Community Church (old elementary school) or call 366-8612 for an application.
- Any student enrolled in an agriculture class this fall or next spring is eligible to join the FFA organization. Just pay your $15 dues to Mr. Wolff by Sept. 26 and you will be a member of the Dells FFA, the South Dakota FFA and the National FFA.
- Order your Quarrier Football Sweatshirts!! The Dell Rapids Football website is OPEN. Flyers are in the office. Order online @ https://dellrapids-football.itemorder.com Site will be open until MIDNIGHT Sept 24th.
- Junior & Senior Students -
If you are interested in being a Study Buddy to an elementary or middle school student please stop in to see Mrs. Ruesink for more information. All students must be signed up by Friday.
- READY FOR SOME KICKBALL?? Kickball immediately after the parade on Homecoming Friday (Oct 3rd) (Sponsored by: Dell Rapids Connections for a Healthy Community. All Students in grade 8-12 (teams of 10, any combo of kids) Sign-Up sheets in the office.
There will be an FCCLA meeting at 8 on Wednesday morning in the FACS room. Anyone who is interested in joining or finding out more about FCCLA is welcome to attend.
- Sophomores & Seniors – remember to pay your $10 class dues. These must be paid to participate in the homecoming activities.
- Sophomores – there will be a class meeting tomorrow morning at 8:15 in Mrs. Huska’s room.
- Chess club – The chess club is open to all students grades 8-12. Join us every Friday morning at 7:30 in Mrs. Huska’s room.
- Students in oral interp should sign up for rehearsal times outside of Mrs. Mitchell’s room.
- Auditions for the fall play will be Thursday and Friday morning before school. Please sign up for an audition time outside Mrs. Mitchell’s room.
- DRHS News is CANCELLED for Monday after school, but come on Thursday morning to volunteer and help decide which pages you’ll design in the yearbook and which Homecoming events you’ll photograph. *Reminder to those who are taking pictures for Cross Country on Wednesday, see Mrs. Gleason on Tuesday for transportation details.
- Are you a trivial guru – or do you want to use all of that wonderful knowledge you’ve gained in school to compete against other schools and WIN? Find out about Quiz Bowl. The first meeting is Wednesday morning at 7:50 in Mrs. Gleason’s room.
- Seniors – remember we are attending Post High Planning Days on Wednesday morning. We are leaving at 9:00 and will be returning around 12:15. Be sure to bring lunch money.
- National Honor Society Meeting is scheduled on Friday, September 26th over lunch in the Spanish Room
- Juniors & Seniors:
An admissions representative from the University of South Dakota will be here on Tuesday, September 23rd at 11:45 in the Spanish Room.
- Juniors-Float building committee meeting at 8:00 tomorrow morning in Mrs. Stukel’s room!
- FOUND: A pair of glasses that were left in the girl’s restroom and TWO pairs of shoes were left in the gym on Challenge Day! Please stop in the office to claim
- Good Luck to the golfers as they travel to Dakota Valley today – meet starts at 9am.
- Good Luck to the JV football team as they travel to Milbank today – game starts at 4:30pm.
- Dress Up days for Homecoming week-next week!!
Monday 9/29—‘MERCIA Day
Tuesday 9/30—COWBOY DAY
Wednesday 10/1—FAVORITE ATHLETE/JERSEY DAY
Thursday 10/2—HAWAIIAN STYLE
Friday—QUARRIER SPIRIT DAY