- A girl to Jared Baumbueger and Trista Tunender, Dell Rapids, January 15.
- A girl to Ashes Dean and Kayla Reck, Dell Rapids, January 11.
- A boy to Andy and Megan Wright, Dell Rapids, January 8.
- A boy to Kalvin and Amanda Christensen, Dell Rapids, January 8.
- A girl to Terry and Trista Bruhn, Dell Rapids, January 6.
- A girl to Ross and Tara Rollinger, Dell Rapids, November 15.
- A boy to Ezra and Gina Lemley, Dell Rapids, November 5.
The daughter of L.E. “Gene” and Thelma (Haynes) Garry, she graduated from Huron High School. She earned a teaching certificate from Presentation College in Aberdeen, a bachelor’s degree in elementary education and a master’s degree in education from Northern State University in Aberdeen.
Garry taught in Mound and Willmar, Minn.; Madison, Woonsocket, Sioux Falls, Aberdeen, and Dell Rapids, and served as Principal of Sacred Heart in Aberdeen.
She currently serves as the Community Life and Hospitality Director as well as Sacristan and as a member of the Sisters’ Care Team at Presentation Heights, Aberdeen.
“Religious life has been such a gift for me. I had Presentation Sisters as teachers since I started school, and knew that I wanted to be a Presentation Sister from the time I was in the third grade,” said Garry.
Jubilee is a celebration of joy, inner joy and outward jubilation. Whether serving the poor, educating the young, caring for the sick, praying for God’s people or spreading the Good News, the Sisters of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary answer God’s call to live lives of love and joyful service.
Busy Blessings Daycare announces the sponsorship of the Child and Adult Care Food Program at its location at 701 N. Orleans Avenue, Dell Rapids, SD 57022. The same meals will be made available to all enrolled participants at no separate charge. Free and reduced price meals are available to enrolled participants whose annual family income is at or below the levels shown on the following annual income scales effective until June 30, 2013.
A Benefit Fund account for Mike & Bernie Holmes has been set up at Home Federal Bank in Dell Rapids to cover continuing medical expenses.